Platonic Solids as Modes of the Womb

Symbols and allegories.
Smaragd

Platonic Solids as Modes of the Womb

Post by Smaragd »

Through the art of trying to capture the outer human form on paper, and consequently starting to read the English translation of Divina proportione, I've come to think the Platonic solids possibly as different modes of relating to the womb of the Great Mother. This would make the cube - the Demon's Cube - a very harsh and coarse mode, essentially Satanic, and a prison as such. Such a mode is important in giving birth to abilities that would otherwise be lost in the complexities of the other Platonic solids. We all know the importance of learning the basics before jumping in to more complex constructions; starting from the coarse allows actual sublimation to happen instead of sublimation becoming a defense, as is familiar to the psychologists, as well as to the student of the visual arts and the human proportions.

Before we criticise this line of thought by saying that the cube opens in to a cross once the prison is escaped, let us remember that non-the-less a relation to the closed space must continue, and I suggest that the cubic-cross mode remains as a tool of the magician, as one of the five, and allows in actuality (rather than as tactless fancy and defence) the other Platonic solid to become as models for the inner space, each on their own time.

We can see several different kinds of benefits for when such sublimation is done right: starting from the very modest experience of a student of the visual arts finding kinder attitude towards the womb as he or she traces more complex forms around the three dimensional space imagined on a surface. This space is a archetypical symbol of the space of the Self, the inner sanctuary from which we spell out our prayer, our magical formulas, upon the idea of which we create our temples and altars. It is also crucial for an aspirant who seeks adepthood to learn when to sublimate, how to find another mode relating to the space of the womb in order to remain an able worker. I wonder if through the Platonic solids such a switch of mode can be unlocked. Such sublimation can be seen ultimately guiding the aspirant towards the completely sound form of a perfect circle - an ideal of the celibate practitioner i.e. the consummation of the Hieros Gamos.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Re: Platonic Solids as Modes of the Womb

Post by Nefastos »

Smaragd wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pmThis would make the cube - the Demon's Cube - a very harsh and coarse mode, essentially Satanic, and a prison as such.

But the Demons' Cube, an extension of the cube of Metatron, already holds in itself all the Platonic solids. The cubic shape is just one permutation of the puzzle it represents. The very sacredness of the symbol comes from this fact that the shape that first seems like a hexagram or a cube actually holds in itself all the possible layers of reality.

Thus that which at first to seem to be the "Demon's cube" (the prison world of the devil, or the closed cross) opens to be the "Daemon's cube" when opened and opened again, all the way through the permutation that opens beyond the three-dimensional shape with the aid of the Uranus-Neptune space diagonal: from the imprisonments of the cross-worlds to the freedom of the paratemporal universe.

Smaragd wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pmIt is also crucial for an aspirant who seeks adepthood to learn when to sublimate, how to find another mode relating to the space of the womb in order to remain an able worker. I wonder if through the Platonic solids such a switch of mode can be unlocked.

I think there's a good lesson in the way how that symbolic cube works: it doesn't actually change at all, but when looking at this same symbol in a different way one can observe in it the shapes that remained hidden in plain sight at the first glance. Yet they are there truly, and can be pointed out objectively, being not just phantoms conjured up by an agitated mind.

This means that the permutations of the double triangle are not actually the permutations of themselves at all, but it is the beholder who is being permutated.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:55 pm
Smaragd wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:39 pmThis would make the cube - the Demon's Cube - a very harsh and coarse mode, essentially Satanic, and a prison as such.

But the Demons' Cube, an extension of the cube of Metatron, already holds in itself all the Platonic solids. The cubic shape is just one permutation of the puzzle it represents. The very sacredness of the symbol comes from this fact that the shape that first seems like a hexagram or a cube actually holds in itself all the possible layers of reality.

Thus that which at first to seem to be the "Demon's cube" (the prison world of the devil, or the closed cross) opens to be the "Daemon's cube" when opened and opened again, all the way through the permutation that opens beyond the three-dimensional shape with the aid of the Uranus-Neptune space diagonal: from the imprisonments of the cross-worlds to the freedom of the paratemporal universe.
This idea of the Demons cube and the Daemon's cube could be seen as the two faces of Satan, the dark and the bright. The intensity of the entity is present with both aspects as well as within the strict opposing faces of the cube and its simple repetition, the horror side of which comes out in the expression "closed within four walls". From within the cube model the eternal flame can always be found. This is truly a vital solid and touches the sacred nature of nightmares. When the meaning is realized and the Demon's Cube is being opened again and again, at some stage there might be a need to learn how to work the intensity of the cube within its permutations, or to learn the movements of energy within the different areas of the Metatron's cube. This is how the idea of the cube remaining as a tool, one which enables the other permutations, could be interpreted.

It most often would be escapism from all the challenges the cube on its own is readily able to bring out, but I wonder if the charge within a human being can be worked in to a more subtle states, a mountain retreat if you will (to make a reference point to the expressions of the Theosophical Masters), to allow the human spirit a sanctuary after a hard day of work.

Ofcourse the opening of the cube is already a work of sublimation in general, a specific kind of sublimation of one's relation to the womb could be seen a part of (the latter transcending the struggle for a moment to allow the worker to continue on with more sound being). As already said in psychological terminology of defences, such ideas are of great danger to human development because they easily rule out challenges that we should be facing within the less sound stages of our being. Thus it might be a thing that is reserved only for the highly evolved, if not only to actual adepts.
Nefastos wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:55 pm
This means that the permutations of the double triangle are not actually the permutations of themselves at all, but it is the beholder who is being permutated.
Hear hear!
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Utthavat

Post by Utthavat »

Do you mean that the five Platonic solids are all of the permutations of this puzzle that Metatron's cube represents?
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Utthavat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:58 pm
Do you mean that the five Platonic solids are all of the permutations of this puzzle that Metatron's cube represents?
On my part, I would say the puzzle of the Metatron's cube itself has all the seven gods interacting with each other, and the way these seven interact with each other create all the different planes of existence and all the different emphases and complexes of the emanating reality. Thus these infinite complexions are the whole puzzle. From this point of view the permutations seem like planes of existence from the perspective of which the puzzle can be looked at (still possibly complementing the idea of the Platonic solids being modes of the womb in the sense that these modes are different metaphysical planes with different number of ruling deities, but the womb is here inseminated having the masculine structure appearing in different levels). While there's six sides in the cube, the other solids have different number of vertices or faces, meaning those vertices or angles represent the deities of the plane each Platonic solid would respectively and presumably signify. Also these numbers does not necessarily signify the metaphysical sequence of the planes, but rather the nature of the plane and its deities in a similar fashion as in Blavatsky's complex number theories in Secret Doctrine.
Utthavat

Post by Utthavat »

Smaragd wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:28 pm
While there's six sides in the cube, the other solids have different number of vertices or faces, meaning those vertices or angles represent the deities of the plane each Platonic solid would respectively and presumably signify. Also these numbers does not necessarily signify the metaphysical sequence of the planes, but rather the nature of the plane and its deities in a similar fashion as in Blavatsky's complex number theories in Secret Doctrine.

If for example taking cube as one plane of existence, can you name the plane it represents according to some occult tradition? Have you found any names for example in Hebrew or Sanskrit that would signify in cube's example the 6 faces, 12 edges and 8 vertices it has on this plane it represents? I mean that have you found any 6 letter name, 12 letter name and 8 letter name that would signify these groups as a whole, or would you suggest to approach their nature in a different way?
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Utthavat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:26 pm
Smaragd wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:28 pm
While there's six sides in the cube, the other solids have different number of vertices or faces, meaning those vertices or angles represent the deities of the plane each Platonic solid would respectively and presumably signify. Also these numbers does not necessarily signify the metaphysical sequence of the planes, but rather the nature of the plane and its deities in a similar fashion as in Blavatsky's complex number theories in Secret Doctrine.

If for example taking cube as one plane of existence, can you name the plane it represents according to some occult tradition? Have you found any names for example in Hebrew or Sanskrit that would signify in cube's example the 6 faces, 12 edges and 8 vertices it has on this plane it represents? I mean that have you found any 6 letter name, 12 letter name and 8 letter name that would signify these groups as a whole, or would you suggest to approach their nature in a different way?
I have not looked in to this in such a way. Perhaps it could be a possible angle to investigate, let's see. First, it is easier for me to reach the meaning of these planes by the general ideas, like the closed cube carrying the idea of a demonic prison or a certain period of gestation where the outer prison carries the potential of spiritual (inner) flowering. When it comes to the deities of the (demon's) cube, the whole is usually named after Metatron (written in Hebrew it has six letters!: מֶטָטְרוֹן, and apparently sometimes it is written with seven letters: מֵיטַטְרוֹן), while each of the 6+1 deities (corresponding to the planets of our solar system) give their names to a face or a angle of the cube and its center.
Utthavat

Post by Utthavat »

Smaragd wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:45 pm When it comes to the deities of the (demon's) cube, the whole is usually named after Metatron (written in Hebrew it has six letters!: מֶטָטְרוֹן, and apparently sometimes it is written with seven letters: מֵיטַטְרוֹן), while each of the 6+1 deities (corresponding to the planets of our solar system) give their names to a face or a angle of the cube and its center.

Isn't the last letter in this example you gave of six letter version of MTTRVN a so called "final" version of Letter N (Nun) = ן = with a numeric value of 700? There also exists the "regular" version of the Letter N = נ = with a numeric value of 50.

If we would take Letter N = נ = with a numeric value of 50 instead of that "final" one with 700 we would get the following name and sum of the letters' numerical values:

נ = N (Nun) = 50,
ו = V (Vav) = 6,
ר = R (Resh) = 200,
ט = T (Teth) = 9,
ט = T (Teth) = 9,
מ = M (Mem) = 40

40+9+9+200+6+50 = 314

314 are the three first numbers of the mathematical constant π (Pi) and so being the three first numbers of five number group of the first five numbers of Pi.

We also get the sum of 314 from the name of the Deity: Shaddai. Shaddai as Latinized Hebrew alphabets is written = ShDI and in Hebrew alphabets = שׁדּי

י = I (Yod)= 10
דּ = D (Daleth) = 4
שׁ = Sh (Shin) = 300

The five first numbers of Pi = 31415 in Blavatskys commentaries of The Book of Dzyan in the "Secret Doctrine I" were said to represent the hierarchies of Dhyan Chohans.

In Johannes Nefastos' book : "Kirjoituksia Magiasta" it was written that the whole number 3 of Pi represents the first trinity and the nine first decimals of Pi = 141592653 represent the creation of the secondary gods ( my terminology and translation might stumble but all feel free to correct me if finding something you would phrase differently),

in this light, 314 would to my perception of this information indicate, that in this number are represented the three first hierarchies of Dhyan Chohans as the first trinity = 3, and the two first secondary gods' hierarchies = 1 and 4, as they are two first decimals of the first nine decimals of Pi. Any thoughts on this interpretation?

Three numbers of 314 would also when summed up together bring us the number 8, about which was said in "Kirjoituksia Magiasta, The III. Part from Demon's Cube Chapter":
"8, which turned to its side, absorbs the meaning of eternity and infinity, which we see repeated in the rim of the hat of an Adept, circling his head like a halo"

In Rider-Waite Tarot we see this halo on top of the head of The Magician.

"The Tarot" by Paul Foster Case gives us a following information about the 8 turned to its side: "The horizontal figure 8 over the Magician's head is the ancient occult number ascribed to Hermes... ...This horizontal 8 is also a symbol of the Holy Spirit. It means dominion on the horizontal plane; that is, dominion in material affairs, because one of the oldest symbols of matter is the horizontal line..."

From number 8 the same book gives a following symbolism: "...Among its occult meanings are: Rhythm, alternate cycles of involution and evolution, vibration, flux and reflux and the like. It represents also the fact that opposite forms of expression (that is, all pairs of opposites) are effects of a single cause. (See, on this point, Isaiah 45, verses 5 to 7). This number 8 is the digit value of the name IHVH (Jehovah), 888 is the numeration of the name Jesus in Greek, and 8 is not only the "Dominical Number", or "Number of the Lord", in Christian numeral symbolism, but is also the particular number of the god called Thoth by Egyptians, Nebo by Assyrians, Hermes by the Greeks, and Mercury by Romans. Thus 8 is pre-eminently the number of magic and Hermetic Science. Its Hebrew name is Splendor, and the aspect of consciousness to which it corresponds is called Perfect Intelligence..."

PS.
The examples of the Hebrew names of Metatron and Shaddai were based on information from the book: "Kabbala Denudata" by S.L. McGregor Mathers, but the letters themselves I copied from wikipedia's article on Hebrew alphabet, and since I found some irregularities on the forms of alphabets given in the book and given in wikipedia, if there appears something out of order, please feel free to correct me in this as well, and it will be appreciated!

Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Utthavat wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:41 pm If we would take Letter N = נ = with a numeric value of 50 instead of that "final" one with 700 we would get the following name and sum of the letters' numerical values:

I think this way of doing the gematria in this occasion could be justified by the fact that in Pi we are inspecting the emanating half of the emanation-remanation whole, and thus the study is about creation, not the absolution of what has been created. For this reason the name of Metatron has no visible end here. Only when we take up the steps of ascension and thus as human beings beget the remanation arch, Metatron gains it's final letter in its proper form: ן

I might be making large steps here, but I think the implied prison state of the closed Metatron's cube reflects well the state where the final form of Metatron's name is yet to be seen.

Utthavat wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:41 pm in this light, 314 would to my perception of this information indicate, that in this number are represented the three first hierarchies of Dhyan Chohans as the first trinity = 3, and the two first secondary gods' hierarchies = 1 and 4, as they are two first decimals of the first nine decimals of Pi. Any thoughts on this interpretation?

I am making my interpretation on the fly and with lacking memory of how the complex expressions went in the Secret Doctrine, but at the moment I would think the second hierarchy is within the number four, while the rhythm of number one's are the lightning rod of Fohat striking between the metaphysical planes or hierarchies of spirits. Looking through the model of the Hieroglyphic Key: 3 is the first triad, 4 is the cross of prana, 5 is the elemental sphere of the lower triad + the two polarities of the horizontal pole in the prana cross. Again, the vertical pole is within the lightning rod of 1's. But my guess is as good as yours. I will surely be going back to the book with this dynamic yet sketchy exchange of ours in mind.

Utthavat wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:41 pm Three numbers of 314 would also when summed up together bring us the number 8, about which was said in "Kirjoituksia Magiasta, The III. Part from Demon's Cube Chapter":
"8, which turned to its side, absorbs the meaning of eternity and infinity, which we see repeated in the rim of the hat of an Adept, circling his head like a halo"

I would emphasise the meaning of this infinity to be the point of connection to the infinity of the Master(s). The 3 are the primary Gods of the higher triad, the one a deifinition of one whole defining all that is below, and at the same time a lightning bridge to the actuality of the following plane. Four as a lower plane of power could be interpreted through the Chalice of Mount Argarizim model of the Hieroglyphic Key as the temple sanctuary on the top of the mountain. We reach this place in our solemn practice, and through this sacral point within we reach to the infinity of the higher triad - the hidden Masters as they are, and not how we have bend them in all the possible distortions of our superego which has a natural tendency to imitate them (an attribute through which the pure connection is also actualized). To join these ideas with the Paul Foser Case's interpretation of 8, to a degree I see the temple marking the end of the lower loop of 8 in the dynamism between the infinity and the pupil, instead of the lower triad because within the sacral sphere of the temple we reach the infinity of the Masters. Devotion is necessary to reach there, meaning the lower planes can not dictate the connection, and the temple being found on laws that necessitate certain things from the pupils for one to gain entrance (we are talking about the archetypal temple, from which the alive Spirit need not to escape). But we must be well working with the lower planes, the lower triad, to be able to work and to be able to give anything as a sign of our devotion. Perhaps it is from this aspect of devotion only that the dynamism of the two loops in 8 are observed between the 3 and the 4, instead of the 3 and the 5 (i.e. 3-1-3 in the numerical language of the Hieroglyphic Key).
Utthavat

Post by Utthavat »

Utthavat wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:41 pm

The five first numbers of Pi = 31415 in Blavatskys commentaries of The Book of Dzyan in the "Secret Doctrine I" were said to represent the hierarchies of Dhyan Chohans.

In Johannes Nefastos' book : "Kirjoituksia Magiasta" it was written that the whole number 3 of Pi represents the first trinity and the nine first decimals of Pi = 141592653 represent the creation of the secondary gods ( my terminology and translation might stumble but all feel free to correct me if finding something you would phrase differently),

in this light, 314 would to my perception of this information indicate, that in this number are represented the three first hierarchies of Dhyan Chohans as the first trinity = 3, and the two first secondary gods' hierarchies = 1 and 4, as they are two first decimals of the first nine decimals of Pi. Any thoughts on this interpretation?

Excuse me about making a mistake in referring to the information about Pi and its symbolism in "Kirjoituksia Magiasta".

This mistake from me was to state the misinformation that the 9 first decimals of Pi would represent "the creation of the secondary gods."

The book stated that the whole number 3 of Pi represents "the first trinity" and the nine first decimals represent "the complete non-physical world". "Creation of the secondary gods" was represented in the 13 decimals after the 9 first decimals."

Smaragd wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:51 pm
I am making my interpretation on the fly and with lacking memory of how the complex expressions went in the Secret Doctrine, but at the moment I would think the second hierarchy is within the number four, while the rhythm of number one's are the lightning rod of Fohat striking between the metaphysical planes or hierarchies of spirits. Looking through the model of the Hieroglyphic Key: 3 is the first triad, 4 is the cross of prana, 5 is the elemental sphere of the lower triad + the two polarities of the horizontal pole in the prana cross. Again, the vertical pole is within the lightning rod of 1's. But my guess is as good as yours. I will surely be going back to the book with this dynamic yet sketchy exchange of ours in mind.

Thanks for the tips, I will likewise surely go back to the book(s) inspired by this conversation and study.

Now if we would go back to the Platonic Solids while still remembering the possibility to find names, that have a corresponding number of letters in Hebrew to these number of faces each Solid represents, do you have any thoughts on what 4-letter name would connect to the number of 4 faces of Tetrahedron?

I'm having a slight urge to guess IHVH, but since this is not an episode of "Who want's to become a millionare", but rather an effort to understand these principles, I'm deciding to ask from the learned. However, if this was a show of "Who wants to be a millionaire", I guess the "Phone a friend - option" would have been used already a while ago :D