Thursakyngi

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Nefastos

Thursakyngi

Post by Nefastos »

Ixaxaar seems to be selling the following:
ÞURSAKYNGI - The Essence of Thursian Sorcery

ÞURSAKYNGI - The Essence of Thursian Sorcery
- Volume I -
Ekortu

Before ÞURSAKYNGI - Volume II - Loki will be published, Ixaxaar will be pressing second print run of ÞURSAKYNGI - Volume I - "The Essence of Thursatru Sorcery", the first book in Thursian grimoire serie.

In total 450 books will be printed, the second printing will not differ from the first printing and will be only made available for those who missed this first book when it was first time printed two years ago. The books will be available late June.

Volume I is the first book of in this set of Thursatru Grimoires and presents outline for the foundation in Thursatru Tradition. This book will be for the Seekers of the Giant's Path; those that seek the ancient wisdom through the experience and Illumination of the forces of Chaos. The main topics in this series of books will focus spiritual workings, rune mysteries, practical sorcery, High Thursian Magic, religious aspects and worship of the divinity of Nifl and Muspell, interpretation and understandings of the Norse mythology and gigantology, Hel-workings, synthesis of pre-Christian Norse, gnostic and LHP perspectives, lycanthropy and different forms of shape-shifting within the Hamr-workings and much more, manifesting a practical path of the religio-sorcerous cult of the titanic forces referred to as Thurses.

Thursatru is a new progeny of the old pre-Christian Norse religion, mythology and gigantology, serving here to manifest the impulses striving to overthrow the limitations of cosmic creation.

The first book will be an offering and dedication to the primordial powers beyond the ordered universe. May the Flames of Surtr be the essence of this book and the Poisonous Blood of Aurgelmir flow as and through its ink.

Regular edition: Hardcover book bound in black leatherette, cover embossed with a Sword and goldfoiled with a Dragon stamping, black endpapers. 279 pages including 20 pages glossy photograph chapter. Second printing 2016. 60 euros

I just noticed this five minutes ago, & at the same moment I received a message from a friend, asking if the book has any value (of spiritual, philosophical or magical kind, that is).

So I promised to ask you my brethren. Is anyone familiar with this book?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Re: Thursakyngi

Post by Heith »

Well, Ekortu is a pretty well known writer who also goes by the name Vexior, if I am not mistaken. His take on the Norse system is anticosmic. I've read parts of his Gullveigarbók and that was a interesting read. Frater Jiva refers to Gullveigarbok on his article in the upcoming Unseen Fire. The good thing about Vexior is that his study is somewhat unique, and I don't remember at least that it would have the boring fanaticism that many anti-cosmics adopt in their writing style.

As to your friend, it depends what he or she is looking for. I would recommend to buy this. S/he can always sell it later if it wasn't something of interest (and probably get their money back in the process). I would be somewhat interested in this book, but as Ixaxaar has earned a place on my boycott list I won't buy it.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Many thanks to you.
Heith wrote:As to your friend, it depends what he or she is looking for.

I think he is seeking both some fresh philosophical ideas & some weird artistic brilliance as a bonus. I put your recommendations onwards. It is also nice to hear that there is hope for wisdom in the newer anticosmic literature. I had almost given up that hope, after so much blunt ranting about undigested gnostic allegories.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

Yes, Ekortu is Vexior’s new name.I don't know if this counts as "artistic brilliance", but Ekortu is also the person behind Arckanum. Some of the rituals/invocation/poetry contained in his books occasionally appear in the more ambient parts of his records and many of the artistic sigils are the same.

Personally, I find his books extremely interesting, quite well researched and honest about his intentions. I’ve read the Gullveigarbok a few times but I’ve only read Thusakyngi once. I seem to remember that, according to his old Facebook page and website – neither of which are still active – Ixaxaar were also supposed to be re-issuing an updated version of the Gullveigarbok, but I’ve no idea if this is still happening.

Anyway, some brief summaries…

Thursakyngi is basically an attempt to investigate Old Norse mythology from the perspective of Hans Jonas’ ‘construction’ of a gnostic religion. It’s more of an introduction to how Old Norse mythology can be viewed in this way and so doesn’t go into a huge amount of detail regarding any specific aspect of Old Norse mythology, but I suppose serves its generalised purpose well and draws from some of the most easily available academic sources, particularly Neil Price and Clive Tolley. This is probably quite deliberate – to encourage interested people to do further research.

The Gullveigarbok is an in-depth look at Gullveig and her anti-cosmic role within Old Norse mythology. This is based on the work of Viktor Rydberg, an early pioneer in Old Norse and comparative mythological research. It’s a much more academic and original piece or research. For example, he mentions checking some of his linguistic theories with recognised authorities. The piece I quoted in my UF II article was from his examination of the etymology of Gullveig’s name wherein he lists and explains commonly accepted academic theories before proposing his own variant, which I personally find very interesting.

Although I’ve mentioned his academic influences, there are numerous references to creating a tradition, particularly in Thursakyngi, which I suppose is the entire point. However, at times, there are some uneasy passages about creating something new – i.e. a Thursatru tradition that is admitted to have never existed in Old Norse society – but which is occasionally invoked by suggesting that, at some point in the past, this knowledge was somehow obscured.

Ultimately though, I think both books are interesting and highly recommendable. If your friend is unsure about investing the money, the Gullveigarbok at least can be found on the web in pdf form – this was how I first read it, I guess about 4-5 years ago now, so I assume it's still out there.
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you brother, I will send this recommendation of yours to my friend at once.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

After Jiva's comment there's really no need to reply, but...In Vexior's first book "Panparadox" there's more that usual anticosmic "we are right and everyone else fuck off" type of attitude. However these "Norse books" is lacking of that. They are more academic and philosophically deep. I like these books much and they are great inspiration even I'm not follower of anticosmic-ideology. They are unique in good way, refreshing thoughts I might say. Just waiting part II - Loki to arrive.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Invitus

Post by Invitus »

Funny how I was just browsing before I came here, and pondering on the whether or not to buy this book. Luckily I was fortunate enough to find my question had already been asked and answered! Thank you brothers.
"And so he who looks down at his feet will not know the truth, but he who discerns by the sun which way to go." -Tolstoi