What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Nebenkheperu

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Istar wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:22 am Music about goddesses:
Most outstanding! Thank you for these links and for introducing me to these artists 🖤

Concerning Mistress Ἑκάτη, you mayhaps already know this ditty and also its separate lyrics video?
On a more personal note (to which you may deign to answer me or not) do you consider these chthonic goddesses to represent to you aspects/archetypes of the Absolute or perhaps sub-types of Satan? Hmm...is there a real difference?
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

OFF TOPIC! But:
I was timed out editing my above posting...so:
For me currently one fine aspect of encountering "Otherness" is the vampire archetype as evidenced in popular culture. I've found the very idea of LARPing a vampire IRL as really silly, irrational, shameful and "lame". Therefore & all the more I've dived into it fully in my current LHP magical practice. Oh vat sveet enerkies it releeses. Shadow-integration work? I dearly hope so. I shall leave you with a suitably cheesy (yet groovy!) song. But it could be worse; I could have linked a Cradle Of Filth tune instead. 😘
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

I would also opine that this Nile song deals with the wisdom/viewpoint of "Seker" - a Greek bastardisation of the god/archetype cognate with Kronos/Saturnus/Hel/Kali i.e. the process of mortification, as evident from the allegorical lyrics (from the Old Kingdom coffin/pyramid texts?).

A less eloquent approach to the same, or perhaps better put: against the suffering inherent in our world, this time originating from Mesopotamia.

Why not throw in some Hindu/Theosophical/SoA/LHP Tantric musickal art as well...
"Animus risu novatur."
Istar

Post by Istar »

Lievo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:18 am Concerning Mistress Ἑκάτη, you mayhaps already know this ditty and also its separate lyrics video?
On a more personal note (to which you may deign to answer me or not) do you consider these chthonic goddesses to represent to you aspects/archetypes of the Absolute or perhaps sub-types of Satan? Hmm...is there a real difference?
I haven't listened Sleep of Monsters, but I have listened lot of Sopor Aeternus.

In my work, deities express themselves as personalities or archetypes. So I consider deities as aspects of Absolute. I think that it is easier for the human mind to approach things more personally than completely abstract.
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Istar wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:55 am In my work, deities express themselves as personalities or archetypes. So I consider deities as aspects of Absolute.
My approach is the same.
Hmm, if we take Satan as the Absolute's highest archetype, it would then follow that all other deities etc. are in fact sub-types of Satan. Or perhaps this thinking is too Kabbalistic - with just a single "chain of emanation" from the Ainsophic veils of nothingness via Kether all the way down to Malkuth (and on/parallel to the Tree of Death).
Maybe there are in effect multiple isolated chains. Sorry, I digress from the topic here 🤔
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Regarding the Sacred Female or Magna Mater, I think this music video imparts much lore thereof...through the lense of Proto-Germanic and/or -Scandinavian lyrics & imagery. In addition to the lyrics, to perhaps needlessly address some of the more obvious visuals: hornedness combined or contrasted with a girl/woman; drinking of dew = Daughter/Son of Dawn; "trolldrum" having the emblem of the Black Sun (our universal/cosmic Master kindling our individual Black Flames); woman facing off the bison = the esoteric meaning of e.g. the tarot's Strength card. And the song itself seems quite nice as well. 😉
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

And strictly Luciferian in Finnish; Elementa by CMX.

Ditto with poetic pathos or bathos, in their idiom...which ended rather tragically.
"Animus risu novatur."
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

To remind ourselves of our most treasured (childhood) memories or spaces where we've found ourselves alone, hidden and safe. To remind ourselves of lowlit and tightly embracing secret pathways, that remind us of the door through which we enter our dreams and rest during each night, away from the toil of the world.

Björk - Hidden Place

Music can be very precise and thus inaccurate pointing our personal experiences, but I think Björk explores the motif here quite laudably.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

That Björk tune certainly sounds pleasing to me.
What I have to offer, this time around, is another ditty seemingly dealing with mortification, although frankly I don't understand what the expression 'voodoo dust' alludes to in the lyrics. The "you" appears clear enough.
"Animus risu novatur."
Necros

Post by Necros »

Through dark ambient I've now discovered and dwelt into the comforting bliss of noise, especially japanoise stuff:

Merzbow - Pulse Demon
C.C.C.C - Loud Sounds Dopa