What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Insanus

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Insanus »

https://youtu.be/WZ32gSLNHfA

this sounds like something an old gramophone would start playing on it's own in some abandoned mansion full of bodies. ghastliest fucking thing imaginable, elvis might get close on a stormy night
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Insanus wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:44 pm some abandoned mansion full of bodies. ghastliest fucking thing imaginable, elvis might get close on a stormy night

The full of bodies bit sounded off, but made sense after opening the link. I thought it was a macabre corpse of the 90s where the Western culture was still more immersed in its lukewarm middleground between nihilism and the corpse of religious past. Elvis on a stormy night could be seen of the same line where the masculine bloats over the nocturnal nature in disgusting manner in its alienation from it. Like a champagne bottle smashed in an old growth forest, or black exhaustion fumes throttled over cranberry shrubs.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

These retro-obsessed modern bands keep popping up on my tender radar. Have I really committed such unforgivable faux pas' in my previous - or indeed present - lives? Nevertheless, a demi-entertainment.
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Vigintus

Post by Vigintus »

I have been listening this Roman Catholic Black Metal band "Reverorum Ib Malacht".

I haven't personally enjoyed this band yet, but nevertheless I will keep listening it and maybe I will enjoy it some point or maybe I won't. Maybe the band's whole idea is to be something else than entertainment.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Vigintus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:39 pm I have been listening this Roman Catholic Black Metal band "Reverorum Ib Malacht".

I haven't personally enjoyed this band yet, but nevertheless I will keep listening it and maybe I will enjoy it some point or maybe I won't. Maybe the band's whole idea is to be something else than entertainment.
When I was really into obscure sounds that nevertheless work with simple gestures, I found De Mysteriis dom Christi LP version quite well done. I'm sure you can find the lp version digitized from somewhere if you haven't already. Classical orchestral pieces can have tons of details, with the number of instruments, into which the overall dynamics can sort of drown, but if we have the general large scale dynamics, or archs of drama of a piece of music well planned and/or executed, then less instrumentation and unconventional instrumentation can work really well, being something I don't even register that much anymore as unconventional, rather just one of many ways of expressing the powers of air.

Listening to Sunn O))) - My Wall is great example of rather obscure sounds done with simple gestures. You can see and feel the powerful changes like a great piece of mountain changing its form as you move your gaze upon its surface. Also the spoken word performance and the Mercury invocating poetry by Julian Cope is amazing.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Julian Cope mentioned - nice & groovy!
Here may be a short ditty for the occultist, especially if he/she still decides to hold onto ideas of transcendence as if those are not hopelessly passé already.
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Asuradūta

Post by Asuradūta »

It has been a neofolk-heavy couple of weeks for me, but also finally purchased Arktau Eos' Mirrorion so there has also been some deviation from the folkier sounds.