What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Smaragd

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Smaragd »

Aye, Tähtiportti has been playing here quite frequently for couple of years. Today I listened to the earlier album while doing sports and for first time I noticed how hypnotizing it is. Normally I can think of stuff I'm going through while doing physical exercises but Tähtiportti sort of stole my thoughts or locked them away.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

I am familiar with total amount of one song of Tähtiportti eventhough I actually seem to like the music, I haven't had a moment to introduce myself in it.

After a long-long period of listening to Russian rock music I have re-introduced myself to this American band called OM.
It has been too long time of not listening to it but something in this minimalistic style and use of scales is what I like in their music and especially in Advaitic Songs which became one of my favorite albums when I first heard it couple of years ago. Also the lyrics can be for people who might be interested in esoteric subjects.
Otava

Post by Otava »

I feel that I am in a state of recovering. Recovering from, hmm, I'm not sure.

For few days I've spent most of the time in the forests nearby and wandering around on ice & check out all the small islands.

Been listening a lots of Ildjarn. I have respect towards him and we share views about the world around us. It feel safe listening to Ildjard and also Hardangervidda -albums done with Nidhogg. This music belongs to nature.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Nekromantik theme song. I think to watch the film again, it's been years since saw it last.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

The Beatles, mostly. Especially the "Help!" album..
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Vanadís

Post by Vanadís »

Listening to Paleface. Thanks to fra RaktaZoci, who couple of years ago listened calmly while I was babbling how I Never listen to RAP. After that he made me listen something that really opened new horizons and drum beats.

Ja dieđu muora suollemasvuođaid
sániid ja áiggi duohken savkaleamen duođaid
lagabus go jáhkátge, sáhtát daid dahkatge dušše ieš
gohan divttát gearbmaša dušše leat

(Ja tiedon puun salaisuudet
sanojen ja ajan tuolta puolen kuiskaamassa tosia
lähempää kuin uskotkaan, voit ne toteuttaakin vain itse
kunhan annat käärmeen vain olla)

(And secrets of the tree of knowledge,
whispering truths beyond the time and space
closer than you believe, only you can make them alive,
just letting the serpent be)
Sothoth

Post by Sothoth »

Moonsorrow's Jumalten aika (the Age of Gods). This album was the most sold album in Finland last april. The songs are simply awesome, epic and tell stories about pagan times.
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Thy Darkened Shade's song from the split with Abigor, Nightbringer and Mortuus.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

After too much Coil, a record of Swans feels refreshing. Sometimes their music seems like a dreadful nihilistic joke and sometimes it's like they're tapping in to some great primordial vein. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6qjHrJJHQ

On folk frontier I keep coming back to the In Gowan Ring song 'Aurora'. Lyrics can be found from the description panel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ja1no2soQ
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Vanadís

Post by Vanadís »

Simon & Garfunkel. Seems to be Springtime soft flowing music that reminds me of childhood and special mood, when I was sitting in the attick listening old stereos and waiting for the summer to come.

April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain;
May, she will stay,
Resting in my arms again.

June, she'll change her tune,
In restless walks she'll prowl the night;
July, she will fly
And give no warning to her flight.

August, die she must,
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold;
September I'll remember
A love once new has now grown old.