What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
obnoxion

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by obnoxion »

obnoxion wrote:Wesley Willis is actually better than Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät, which is saying a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYr6u-VXodk
:D[/quote]

Wesley Willis' stuff can really put a smile on my face, too. But just to be sure, I must stress that I do not consider his stuff a light joke. The lyrics themselves are excellent. They have a clear structure, and Willis' use of such literary device like non sequitur is quite impressive, even if it was spontaneous. But most impressive of all is the honesty with which he observes himself and his surroundings. And he expresses such deep emotions few of us can experience without becoming traumatized. Yet he does it like a surgeon - completely without wanton sentimentality, but with impressive, even healing warmth. I'd say "My Keyboard Got Damaged" is one of my favourites by Wesley Willis.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

I am listening to Tähtiportti.
E.Velestie

Post by E.Velestie »

I've listened more electronic music on a loop recently. But mostly these two albums:

-Blutengel's Nemesis album which contains remake versions of their classic songs.

-Diary of Dreams' Grau im Licht album.
☩ Ho Ophis Ho Archaios ☩
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Lately I have been listening to Summoning's "Let mortal heroes sign your fame", which is great background music for my translations.Another common album has been Between the buried and me's "Coma ecliptic".
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Otava

Post by Otava »

Good old Boards of Canada.

If someone asks me a recommendation I always answer Boards of Canada. I've been living in Boards of Canada psychosis for a long time and I love it.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

That's a paradox, because Boards of Canada is anti-psychotic. Literally.
Sothoth

Post by Sothoth »

A Belarussian midsummer solstice folk song called Kupalinka. "Kupalinka" is a reference to the Slavic goddess "Kupala".
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Soulfly - Enslaved, CMX - Seitsentahokas, Nile - What should not be unearthed, Pet sop boys - Very.
-Hegel
Heith

Post by Heith »

Fields of the Nephilim, Type O Negative, Hate Forest, Siouxsie and the Banshees.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Strangely, I have turned into classical and have been lately listening to Vivaldi, Rossini, Bach and Mozart. Also some movie soundtracks like the music by Nino Rota.
-Hegel