Why Jesus? (Or, why not)

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Seferoth

Re: Why Jesus? (Or, why not)

Post by Seferoth »

I think Jesus knew exactly what he was teaching us. He knew that some of the things he taught would go against our own nature, but that does not make him stupid, he gave us an ideal that we can try to reach and work towards. He wanted us to be the best we can be and he knew that we would falter on this route, but with enough determination and will we could each day become better and better. I think that is a worthy goal to any human, to be better each day.
Medeia

Post by Medeia »

Wherever the current year is 2021 Jesus is somewhat relevant. I cannot see any flaw in his teaching, not that I haven't try. Many times I have battled between Christianity and Satanism and except some minor missteps stayed Satanist because denying that would be only for the most pitiful of reasons, yet less and less it seems that they never were even different things. Also I have very limited amount of energi in use and attention span of a goldfish.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I think Jesus was pretty cool, and I'd probably get along with a guy like that, as a friend. But if I was choosing any ancient prophet (which I'm not), that would be Pythagoras. Why? We've been lead to believe, that he was a scientist, in the recent western civilization's meaning. He was a lot more than that. Pythagora's mathematics are spiritual. A disgusting, dirty word, that his modern fans in the science community avoid. Even though he was actually a spiritual leader, educated in Egyptian occult sciences.

Interesting thing about Jesus I didn't know until recently, is that he's an actual historical figure now, like most of the other prophets. Means a lot to me because I don't have religion, and Jesus only matters, if he actually existed. I suppose his existence being proven wasn't big news, because neither religious people or atheists want that.
Medeia

Post by Medeia »

Benemal wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:06 pm scientist
This concept have undregone some woeful degeration. There shouldnt even be different terms for occultist and scientist.

Are you referring to some particular recent news?
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I'm curious about the news, too. I'm afraid I haven't followed anything Jesus related for a very long time. I was a Christ-hater for so long that I just ignored anything pertaining to him.

(No longer the case, if anyone was curious. I think I would have liked him too. Especially if he looked like the guy who played Jesus in Preacher.)
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I don't know if there's a consensus. Probably not. I didn't google anything, as usual. I read a book about the history of Jerusalem (from about 1500bc, to 1967). When it got to Jesus, the writer presented new evidence, about him actually living. Good book. Jerusalem - A Biography, Simon Sebag Montefiore.