Where did you hear about the Star of Azazel?

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Sothoth

Where did you hear about the Star of Azazel?

Post by Sothoth »

So fellow fratres and sorores! What was your first contact with the star of Azazel and what impression you got from our society? The Star of Azazel came into my knowledge, when I accidentally browsed a Finnish black metal internet forum. There was some really interesting discussion about occultism and one of the participants had a link to the site of SOA. I literally fell in love with the first sight (I don't know if this is yet possible with the English side of our site which could be better), because I was young and easily excitable and besides it appeared as something I had more or less consciously yearned for. It was fascinating to find a society that combines a strong, individualistic satanic approach to love and unity and I felt this philosophical or religious presentation was nearest to the truth.

I thought how it can be possible that truth can be so simple, and yet almost no one tries to (at least publicly) combine LHP & RHP approaches, hence the uniqueness of the Star of Azazel. The truth is actually kinda simple, but the most difficult task is to follow it tenaciously, because spiritual progress demands us to go beyond our personal comfort zones.
Fomalhaut

Re: Where did you hear about the Star of Azazel?

Post by Fomalhaut »

I firstly heard from Fraternity from a close friend who is a member of the Fraternity and I was really impressed once I read the English articles on website. I have never come across with any occult society before in my life which represent this kind of ideas and have this kind of intellectual philosophy.
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I think i stumbled on the the website sometme in 2007 or 2008. I think i found the link from Ixaxaar's page. Back then i was working with another left hand pah order. But when i came across the Fraternity's finnish website, it was like finding an oasisi in a desert. By the end of 2008 i was working exlucively with the Star of Azazel. I feel i've found my spiritual home.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

I found the website in 2008 and was impressed even though I didn't understand as much as I would have liked to. Probably that was because I wasn't too familiar with Theosophy before I found The Star of Azazel. The first impression was that I had found something important that I wanted to know more about and I had the feeling that I was close to something that could become the path that I had been searching for long. After those first glances at the website I spent like 2 years of studying the website and writings of Nefastos. I wanted to get a good knowledge of the brotherhood and be sure if it was the right thing to join.
Wyrmfang

Post by Wyrmfang »

I read Nefastos´ writings on an internet forum blackmetal.fi some years before the brotherhood was founded. "Occultism" was mentioned often and I quite didn´t understand its meaning as a distinct world view (I had already been interested in "paranormal phenomena" as long as I remember), so it became fascinating. Shortly after I got in close contact in 2005 with a person who then became another founding member of the brotherhood. I had some reservations mostly concerning myself, but after meeting Nefastos personally I decided to join in 2007.
Dracerium

Post by Dracerium »

I found Azazel all by myself on internet when I tried to find some knowledge from occultism. I found forum very interesting and wanted to come with it quite soon after finding it. I am still learning in all on its meanings but I have seen that my some kind of hunger to knowledge feels better now as I have found this brotherhood.
Sitä saa mitä tilaa
Nox

Post by Nox »

In 2005 I bought Fosforos from Ixaxaar and maybe a year later I found out the fresh websites of just formed Fraternity. Almost immediately I started to feel that acquiring membership would be a right thing to do.

I already then felt like coming home when I found Fraternity and still feel so; probably more than ever.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Let's revive this old thread!

I heard of SoA from a friend of mine who had/has been reading the forum for quite a while. I then read a bit on the Finnish forum, which was at that time still insanely hardcore philosophy writing and full of words that I didn't understand at all :D I however did appreciate the mature way of writing and that there was no black metal style stupidity on the forums. In Finland, black metal is very popular, so we've large discussion forums & scene, which I dropped out years ago as I find it to be pretty juvenile at times.

I noticed on the Finnish blog that there was open lodge meetings so I thought maybe to wait until I return to Finland and then attend one of those to see if I would resonate with the members at all -or basically just to see if they were insane. My patience wasn't that great so I decided to send in my application letter before a lodge meeting, after some email exchange with Fra Nox who was at the time responsible for the SoA general mail. I had also heard Fra obnoxion's interview online, which gave me a really good feeling. So I applied -at that time the application was still a free form letter- and felt really embarrassed over my letter. I drew a fox on the envelope to try to trick me in the fraternity. It worked. I've been drawing many foxes ever since and obviously, it's still working.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

How dd I "hear" of the SoA..? Oh my, that goes way back.. I've actually been pondering this on quite many occasions, and come to the conclusion that I'm not quite sure.

Of course, I know how I came into realizations of the ideology of the SoA, which is from Fosforos, obviously, after I got my hands on the first more widely published pressing back in 2005. The common denominator was, of course, Ixaxaar, which was the publisher at that time. How did I have heard of them (Ixaxaar), however, remains a mystery. I have consulted my old friends on the matter and they are not sure either. My best guess would be that the connection spawned somehwere in Finland's black metal underground circuit, through which someone had connected me to their mailinglist, but unto this day, I'm not quite sure.

But of course, I do know the answer. It was destiny. ;)
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Havet

Post by Havet »

A copy of "Unseen Fire I" came to the Zine I write for, for review. Alas I didn't get the job, no-one did, but out of protest I bought a copy and had to explore further. The rest is history.

Greets from Australia.