Artistic representations of Satan & other LHP deities

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Seeker666

Re: Artistic representations of Satan & other LHP deities

Post by Seeker666 »

Nefastos wrote:Is there a model for these pictures in the book you mentioned, or did you form the symbolic representation yourself?

It is indeed! I usually go by intuition and the Serpent's guidance in matters of artistic symbolism
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Seeker666 wrote:
Nefastos wrote: Is there a model for these pictures in the book you mentioned, or did you form the symbolic representation yourself?

It is indeed! I usually go by intuition and the Serpent's guidance in matters of artistic symbolism

by which I mean the symbolism is my own, not particularly from the book.
Tixerand

Post by Tixerand »

edit
Last edited by Tixerand on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heith

Post by Heith »

Thanks for sharing! Which kind of paint do you use?
Tixerand

Post by Tixerand »

Heith wrote:Thanks for sharing! Which kind of paint do you use?
You're most welcome. On the top one, all acrylic. The statue is acrylic and enamel. (After painting these, I discovered the band Ghost for myself. Realized I had also painted Papa Emeritus!)
Fomalhaut

Post by Fomalhaut »

Thanks for sharing Tixerand! They look beautiful!
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Nefastos wrote:I very much liked your art, Seeker666, thanks for posting it. Is there a model for these pictures in the book you mentioned, or did you form the symbolic representation yourself?

Also the latter picture. To me the most interesting thing is how one of the axis' of the evangelists has been reversed, & the other one not. Such a reversal of St. Luke with Taurus & St. John with Aquila has always been extremely important to me.

(Usually the Eagle, depicting St. John's Eagle as in constellation Aquila close to Scorpio of the Zodiac, is at the lower left of the World/Pantocrator picture, while the Bull, depicting St. Luke's constellation Taurus, is to its opposite at the upper right corner. Here they're interchanged.)
I formed the symbolic representation myself actually :) i took inspiration from the text of course...
crown of thorns- crown of Exile given unto Cain by the demiurge. (Spinifer/Coronatus)
sickle- tool of harvest, used to slaughter the clayborn Abel. i.e. tiller of Earth and killer of man. (Falxifer)
book that is bearing the Hebrew characters for Life and Death- Cain holds sway over both life and Death, being the giver and taker of them both. (Mortifer)
shovel/spade- used to dig the first grave and sow the skull of Hevel into the Earth. (Dominor Tumulus)
black cross- symbol of the crossroads, meeting place of the dead and magician, headstone of Abel, device of Christ's crucifixion. (Dominor Tumulus/Crucifer)
blackthorn rod/wand- wand of power carried by Cain in many traditions. (Qayin Rex Mortis)
Tixerand

Post by Tixerand »

edit
Last edited by Tixerand on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

a very interesting design of Satan meditating on a black lotus, surrounded by a halo.
Sasha45

Post by Sasha45 »

Greetings!

There are many "Luciferian" portraits, but this one in particular I find captures the unified duality of the Master quite well:

Baron Arild Rosenkrantz - Christ between Lucifer and Ahriman:

Notably, the artist was also an Anthroposophist who had collaborated with Steiner.