Ideologies of the Septenary Constitution of Man

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Smaragd

Ideologies of the Septenary Constitution of Man

Post by Smaragd »

We can observe certain kinds of religions or ideologies appear within the different portions of the Hieroglyphic Key, and we usually vouch for the ones we have thus far build temperamental access to, and consequently are able to experience joy or vitality there.

1. What are the strengths within the different ideologies that they can offer to the whole?

2. What are the more or less common problems in those ideologies/emphases?

To start, I will draw a partial map of the religions/ideologies housed by the lower triad. Feel free to comment on it or supplement missing areas. It seems that ideologies predominantly located in the lower triad are probably semi-unconscious, and thus stretches the term of ideology. But I argue that if we follow certain kinds of patterns of ideas, they come really close to ideology or religion. For example, being possessed by a certain demon, we repeat the certain kind of idea or logic the demon itself is made of, and thus follow the set of ideas/ideals of such an entity.

Kama manas
Scientism is a religion of kama manas, but to take this closer to home and focus more on self-critique rather than the easy targets outside, I will try to chew on the "occulturism" (occulture-[turism]-ism). I take shame in inventing such a monster of a word, but the idea is that we gather cultural information around occultism in a very similar way someone obsessed of underground music culture or any other form of culture.

1.This is partly a way to fulfill the need to handle information and use our formal mind and capacity for knowledge, especially if we do not have other ways to fulfill such needs of our reasoning mind. It can be integrated to the whole by making it a tool by which we circumambulate the deeps (perhaps partly portrayed here by the higher triad). Instead of gathering knowledge for social gain (power struggle), we gather it and actively use it to understand the mystery, and thus ourselves and our actions, strengthening our ability to proceed in real initiations. Such a burden* of having a purpose and need to use the knowledge usually also redirects and regulates the source and amount of information we feel appropriate.

* Knowledge and kama manas as a whetstone by which we trial and judge our subjective understanding and possible erroneus knowledge connects us practically to the Saturnine function. Knowledge without purpose is somewhat of a dead weight to someone who demands more from their relation to knowledge.

2. A problem of following such patterns of ideas can be the surficial relation we hold to the depths. We compensate the lack of practical connection to those depths and keep on circumambulating around the plethora of cultural forms around the real thing. Like gathering knoweldge of a dance, and when it is happening we just stay out of it within the distance of our theoretical knowledge. This can take many forms, also leaking towards the religion of kama rupa etc. For example we can be identified to particular forms of occultism or mythological motifs, gather all the world's information on them, and instead of getting thoroughly in touch with the shadow sides of these forms of identification in practice, we follow their ideology blindly and unconsciously, repeating the mythological narratives like there is nothing alive in us to make conscious choices.

But again, the way to move such knowledge centered vortex to circulate and serve the depths isn't that far away, and alot of the knowledge-based leg work can be of huge help in such a process.

Kama rupa
Astralism is perhaps the most descriptive religion of kama rupa, meaning that we follow our subjective forms of impressions, feelings, affections etc. as our predominant connection to the self or the world, and what we think is sacred in them.

1. Hard to say anything positive about this, but I guess the strength of astralism could revolve around being in touch with this subjective area of feelings. In trauma we often build defenses around kama rupa resulting to a state where we are mostly in touch with it when something erupts out from behind the walls. This will keep us in touch with only a tiny area of the whole spectrum of astral phenomena, and makes us illiterate and unable to name our feelings and other astral occurrences. This is really problematic because feelings are already in the first place coming from areas that are hard to pinpoint and even with good connection to the astral spectrum of things, our first attempts to unravel the problem behind the complexity of feelings usually doesn't reach to the other side. Thus the strength of astralism is in honoring what is happening in our soul.

2. Perhaps it could be said that predominantly looking things through subjective affects brings about the curse of solipsism. Giving too much value to our impressions and feelings valuates it higher than the objective world (this needed not be a problem if it is done consciously as part of a larger process and in privacy of a lone practitioner) and even the feelings of other people. This primacy of the subjective forms could again circumambulate over the depths like in the example of integrated kama manas, but if its center is arbitrary or separistic instead of holistic (in practice), it worships a selfish god. Curiously, these problems in the religion of kama rupa inverts its strengths and brings about very similar results as to the one who builds defensive walls around their kama rupa.

I wonder what would linga sharira reveal of its religion? I think I see vaguely some conventionally "religious" and atheistic examples but they remain blurry.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake