Sermon of Sacred Allegory

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
swordofapostasy

Sermon of Sacred Allegory

Post by swordofapostasy »

I suppose this bit of poetry would best fit here in the art section, I don't know for sure but here go:

Creation is not a one time event in some distant past, it is an ongoing process caught in every moment.

Eden is eternal and we are forever cast out for our rebellion, for our desire to be more, to know more.

The fall from grace is every day of our lives; in each act of rebellion tiny mustard seeds of truth shine through promising salvation.

Each seed of light born by the serpent from on his tree sets fire to all it touches, fires that purify, that burn away falsehood, leaving blackened grounds, and when the smoke clears, an arid clarity.

Thus is the kingdom of hell, a burning pit of suffering, the suffering of our lives, the suffering of the world. We toil beneath the lash of the prince of this world and his endless laws and the harangues of his prophets.

And thence we cry out for salvation! To be born again, but rebirth is not some single event of warm and fuzzy feelings in a big group hug; those who know have seen true rebirth: the blood and pain, the struggle and tears!

And yet is salvation not awakening? What is the resurrection of the flesh but the transfiguration of that flesh into a new being? Is it not the burning fire of purification?

But here is the true mystery, the tearing of the veil. The kingdom of heaven is within but you did not see it! The kingdom of God is all around you! This is the truth seen when the smoke clears.

This is hell, this is heaven. Today is our day of joy! Today is our day of wrath! Break the dark glass you have looked through your whole life and see clearly!

Judge me by my fruits, see that they are good to eat. Take. Eat. For I am the Serpent! And this is my body given to you. Take. Drink deep the liquid fire of my veins, given unto you for your salvation.

See that you are me and I am you and we are daily crucified to the tree of this world. Rise up and see the Savior within you. Eat of this tree and see: You are gods!
Fomalhaut

Re: Sermon of Sacred Allegory

Post by Fomalhaut »

swordofapostasy wrote:I suppose this bit of poetry would best fit here in the art section, I don't know for sure but here go:

Creation is not a one time event in some distant past, it is an ongoing process caught in every moment.

Eden is eternal and we are forever cast out for our rebellion, for our desire to be more, to know more.

The fall from grace is every day of our lives; in each act of rebellion tiny mustard seeds of truth shine through promising salvation.

Each seed of light born by the serpent from on his tree sets fire to all it touches, fires that purify, that burn away falsehood, leaving blackened grounds, and when the smoke clears, an arid clarity.

Thus is the kingdom of hell, a burning pit of suffering, the suffering of our lives, the suffering of the world. We toil beneath the lash of the prince of this world and his endless laws and the harangues of his prophets.

And thence we cry out for salvation! To be born again, but rebirth is not some single event of warm and fuzzy feelings in a big group hug; those who know have seen true rebirth: the blood and pain, the struggle and tears!

And yet is salvation not awakening? What is the resurrection of the flesh but the transfiguration of that flesh into a new being? Is it not the burning fire of purification?

But here is the true mystery, the tearing of the veil. The kingdom of heaven is within but you did not see it! The kingdom of God is all around you! This is the truth seen when the smoke clears.

This is hell, this is heaven. Today is our day of joy! Today is our day of wrath! Break the dark glass you have looked through your whole life and see clearly!

Judge me by my fruits, see that they are good to eat. Take. Eat. For I am the Serpent! And this is my body given to you. Take. Drink deep the liquid fire of my veins, given unto you for your salvation.

See that you are me and I am you and we are daily crucified to the tree of this world. Rise up and see the Savior within you. Eat of this tree and see: You are gods!

I like this a lot. Is it yours? Do you have more poems?
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
swordofapostasy

It's all me, thank you! I don't write poetry often, I do write lyrics for my black metal project but this I feel is some of my best work, my most inspired.
swordofapostasy

Fomalhaut wrote:
swordofapostasy wrote:I suppose this bit of poetry would best fit here in the art section, I don't know for sure but here go:

I like this a lot. Is it yours? Do you have more poems?
Here's my version of the Lord's Prayer:

A Gnostic Satanist Prayer

O Light bearer, fallen to earth,
Hallowed are your names.
This is your kingdom,
Though it lies unseen by men.
Give us this day your black flame,
And burn away our ignorance,
As we set your kingdom ablaze!
And lead us on the path to fullness,
Unto light eternal .
For yours is the kingdom,